Quick way to open minimized windows?

Discussion in 'macOS' started by Nick16, Dec 31, 2011.

1. Nick16 macrumors regular

Maybe it's just me, but when I minimize a window, sometimes I want a quick keyboard shortcut to open it back up. Currently the only way I know of doing this is: CMD + Tab -> tab to application I want -> release Tab (while still holding CMD) -> then hit Option -> release CMD and Option.

This is pretty tedious but it works, and I'm just curious to know if anybody's aware of any alternatives.

2. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

It's quicker to simply click on the Dock icon. I realize that's not a keyboard shortcut, but it's faster.

3. B Gallagher macrumors regular

An alternative to minimising the window would be to hit CMD+H, which will hide the application. From there, if you hit CMD and Tab to go across to the application icon, it will unhide automatically once you let go. This doesn't work if you want to display one window within and app but hide another, and it's rather pointless doing this with the finder. But if your app just has one window it may save you some time.

4. Nick16 thread starter macrumors regular

This sounds like not too bad of an alternative. I'll try to remember to start hiding instead of minimizing and see if I can adjust to this method. Thanks!