Quick Web Animation Question

Discussion in 'Web Design and Development' started by davisjw, Mar 26, 2009.

1. davisjw macrumors regular

davisjw

Hello all!

Semi-novice web designer here. I'm working on a new website that'll have a quick movie/ animation done with stop motion via pictures with the last photo being a sign held up. I than want the camera to zoom in (or the sign zoomed out) and the sign will have the links so at the end it'll just be a square with the words on the sign being the links.

Would flash be the best way to go about this and does anyone know of any tutorials? I hope I made that description clear :D

2. SrWebDeveloper macrumors 68000

SrWebDeveloper

I would go that route, would probably look the nicest.

To get ya started follow these links in order:

Flash basic tutorial (W3C Introduction)
    How to import photos into Flash (vector graphics)
    Introduction to Action Scripting for Flash (various tutorials)
    Basics of Flash Animation (tweening, frames)
    Flash Zoom in/out and fade tutorial

That should get you started nicely if you go that route. If not, others will respond with other frameworks that might to do the job, although more dependencies like JavaScript and no GUI (probably) like using Adobe Flash.

-jim

3. davisjw thread starter macrumors regular

davisjw

4. drgrafix macrumors regular

I'm not trying to hijack this thread, but I have a question along similar lines and I was hoping someone could steer me in the right direction.

I'm trying to create an animated skyscraper banner for a friend. I have created four (4) panels in PS, and saved them as PSDs, PNGs, and GIFs and each of the four panels measures 160 pixels wide and 600 pixels high (net standard).

I can use PS to create a basic animated GIF, but the the photographic images within each of the panels get a bit grainy. I have Flash, but have honestly never used it. What I wanted to do was simply use the four PNG files and somehow create a looped FLV "movie" that would change panels every 3.75 seconds. Unfortunately, I haven't found anything online (yet) that explains how to set up a 160 X 600 flash movie with a specific number of images, and how to set up the timing variable. In PS, this is pretty easy. It's almost like a slide show, but in this case the text part of the images stays pretty much static (one word does get changed) at top and bottom, and the center part changes in each panel.

If someone knows of a web site where there's a tutorial on how to create animated flash web banners and such... point me at it. TIA!

5. SrWebDeveloper macrumors 68000

SrWebDeveloper

Try this tutorial.

Beyond that you simply need to learn how to use Flash. The links I added in my reply above apply to you as well, without question, it doesn't matter as to content size or context (banner or not).

-jim