Quick WebObjects question...

phreakout13

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 4, 2004
South Eastern MA
Hello! A few days ago, someone gave me WebObjects 5. I can't use it, and really have no use for it. Now I'm selling it on eBay, and a bidder e-mailed my a question that I've been wondering about myself. I'm auctioning off WebObjects 5, and Apple is currently selling 5.2. Can I update 5 to 5.2 for free, or is it a whole new program that I would have to buy? I'd really appreciate it if someone could help me out with this question. Thanks :)

James.Paul

macrumors regular
May 19, 2002
Northallerton, England
Sorry, there is no upgrade route from 5 to 5.2. If the buyer wanted 5.2 then they would have to buy a new copy as there was some significant new features added. Version 5 could be upgraded to 5.1 though. However, you would need to find some upgrade disks. If i remember rightly, we had to show Apple confirmation of ownership and they would send out the 5.1 upgrade disks for free (plus a shipping & handling charge).

RAS admin

macrumors regular
Sep 4, 2004
Berkshires, Mass.
James.Paul said:
Sorry, there is no upgrade route from 5 to 5.2. If the buyer wanted 5.2 then they would have to buy a new copy as there was some significant new features added. Version 5 could be upgraded to 5.1 though. However, you would need to find some upgrade disks. If i remember rightly, we had to show Apple confirmation of ownership and they would send out the 5.1 upgrade disks for free (plus a shipping & handling charge).
I got the 5.1 upgrade discs from Apple without even showing confirmation of ownership, but I think that deal had an expiration date. I actually don't even use the program anymore... I got fed up when asked to pay full retail price to go from 5.1 to 5.2!!!