Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ryans79

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 12, 2009
I dont know, i think the act of a "shortcut" should shortcut something and using anything more than 2 keys is kind of a PITA which defeats the purpose to a certain extent.

I have to use a Alt+Shift+8 for a curly brace and i find myself cursing everytime i have to use 3 keys instead of two on this keyboard, i guess i will have to read up on how to change the mappings so that i only have to use 2 keys to "hop" from parameter to parameter.

I think 3 keys should be used for something a little more serious, like CTRL+ALT+DELETE in windows, but for just hopping its kind of nuts - imho.

Cheers!
R

mccannmarc

macrumors 6502
Aug 15, 2008
Manchester, UK
You may be better off buying yourself an external US mac keyboard and using that for development rather than trying to battle with the one you have on your macbook.

ryans79

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 12, 2009
You may be better off buying yourself an external US mac keyboard and using that for development rather than trying to battle with the one you have on your macbook.

I'll be visiting the US soon, am wondering if its worth it to buy a new Mac from there (its around 20-25% cheaper than here in the EU) and sell this one ( I bought this second hand and should get about the same what i paid for it because i got a good deal)...
any recommendations?

mccannmarc

macrumors 6502
Aug 15, 2008
Manchester, UK
I'll be visiting the US soon, am wondering if its worth it to buy a new Mac from there (its around 20-25% cheaper than here in the EU) and sell this one ( I bought this second hand and should get about the same what i paid for it because i got a good deal)...
any recommendations?

Not sure myself really, I'm from the UK so I also pay exotic prices for Apple hardware. The cheapest option is to just buy an external usb keyboard to be honest. Although if you are after a new mac then the new MacBooks look pretty tantalizing....

ryans79

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 12, 2009
Not sure myself really, I'm from the UK so I also pay exotic prices for Apple hardware. The cheapest option is to just buy an external usb keyboard to be honest. Although if you are after a new mac then the new MacBooks look pretty tantalizing....

Know what you mean, was looking at the new 13 inches one...
might actually buy the 13 and a bigger size one then sell the one i dont want once i come back here, i'm pretty sure i'll get what i paid for it without a problem... heck, maybe even a bit more because of the way they gouge us in Europe.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.