quick youtube iphone 4 question

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Che Castro, Nov 18, 2010.

1. Che Castro macrumors 603

does the iphone 4 youtube app play vids in 720p automatically if the vid is 720p

what about in the iphone 3gs ?

2. Small White Car macrumors G4

Small White Car

I'm not sure it ever does. (You should be using the web app, first of all. Remove the built-in app by using the parental controls to turn it off.)

On the web app you can turn on the "HQ" button for every video that you watch. But even then I think it might only be some kind of 480p version or something like that.

But again, I'm not positive. I'm basing this on what it looks like and just making a best guess. I don't have proof.

3. mz100 macrumors regular

It might, on my iPhone 4, I am always connected to wifi I am unlocked on tmobile and have cellular data turned off. I am always getting 9 Mbps and the quality always looks great, but it takes forever to load up.

4. Che Castro thread starter macrumors 603

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O-CRTqkDDf4

this vid here goes up to 1080p

u can select a lower quality

this vid looks great on the iphone 4,cant tell if is 720p thou,does anybody have the actual answer

Small White Car why do u say the web app is better?

5. Small White Car macrumors G4

Small White Car

The biggest reason is that you can turn HQ on or off as you wish no matter what network you're on. With the built-in app you get high-quality on Wifi and low quality on 3G. You have no control over it.

Also, the web app stays more up to date. For example, it lets you give thumbs up or down whereas the built-in app still offers the old "star" system. What does that even do now that Youtube doesn't have stars anymore? I have no idea.

Basically, the app gets updated once a year and the web app gets updated whenever YouTube feels like it. So it stays a lot more current.

Just bookmark it on the homescreen and you're good to go.

6. Che Castro thread starter macrumors 603

small white car i have 3gunrestrictor & when they get around to fixing it yourtube