Quicken 2019 for Mac Launches With Web Access

Discussion in 'Mac Blog Discussion' started by MacRumors, Oct 9, 2018.

1. nj1266 macrumors 6502a

When I first got my MacBook Pro in November 2014, I purchased Quicken and it was way worse than the one for Windows. Has it really improved that much? Can I still get the 2017 software?

2. MplsP macrumors newbie

I haven’t used the 2014 version, but from all the reports I read, yes, it is significantly better. I doubt you can get the 2017 software, though.

After using it a couple months I’ve had some issues with it missing transactions when it downloads. The bigger issue for me is the fact that there is no easy way to use it on more than one device. Banktivity and Moneydance could store their data file on iCloud or Dropbox. No such luxury with Quicken - for some reason they have adopterd a model that requires you to download the data file, then open it, then save it and upload it when you’re done. Not really a practical workflow.

3. citivolus macrumors 6502a

Long time user of Quicken (Windows) here (10+ years). I have been trying out and comparing Banktivity 7, Quicken 2019 (Mac), and Quicken 2019 (Windows). This required lots of importing/exporting. A MAJOR issue I found with Quicken 2019 (Mac) is that once you are in, there is no way to get out. You CANNOT export to QIF. You can't even go back to Quicken 2019 (Windows)! That immediately ruled out the Mac version for me. When importing some data from my bank into Quicken 2019 (Windows), it would repeatedly crash with no indication of how to fix it. I am leaning towards Banktivity but very hesitant in committing to a relatively small company. Not sure if that is fair?

4. hfg macrumors 68040

hfg

Also a long time user of Quicken for Windows on a Mac both in a Windows VM and native booting to Windows. I have been trying to move to a Mac native financial package and have been testing both Quicken for Mac 2019 and Banktivity 7 using a data export from the Quicken Windows 2019 as instructed by both Mac packages.

I immediately found a problem with my RBC brokerage updates returning duplicate entries of the last update session (usually done daily) new entries. I would delete the duplicates each session, but this quickly became tedious to do each time.

Oddly, I have the same problem with Banktivity and the duplicate entries on updates from the brokerage.

My Quicken for Windows updates have no issues.

I have tried a fresh direct import from the brokerage with both packages, but am unable to get all the data downloaded which was available in my current Windows version.

5. Ocnetgeek macrumors newbie

I have been using Banktivity for several years and i am happy with it. They continue to improve and address issues and have been pretty responsive when I have contacted them.