Quicken for mac finally

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Tainter, Apr 4, 2009.

1. Tainter macrumors member

2. rhmgadm macrumors newbie

Quicken for Mac

Everybody keeps talking about new version. When is it coming, and does anyone know anything about it?

3. ravenvii macrumors 604

ravenvii

No idea, it was supposed to be out last summer, then fall, and now as the site says, this summer.

Intuit has sucked for a long time, let's see how the new one turns out. I'll place my bets on "still sucks."

4. maestrokev macrumors 6502a

maestrokev

Yeah, I'll believe it when I see it. This must be one of the biggest holes in Mac software, surprised no one has done a good job of filling it

5. slabman macrumors member

I've been looking to replace Quicken using Windows now for some time. I hoped the new QMac would be my answer. But recently I tried iBank and WOW! This thing rocks! I simply added my BofA passwords and instantly it called up my checking account and downloaded the whole file flawlessly! So I bought the app and now when I hit "Download" it calls up and downloads info all within 5-7 seconds! How can I beat that?

Yes, I'm really happy and would never go back to Quicken...

6. southerndoc macrumors 6502a

southerndoc

I have the beta version. It's far from complete. There are still features they plan to implement that aren't available for beta testing yet.

7. mongrol macrumors regular

This is purely a subjective opinion. There are plenty capable personal finance packages on Mac. Just because they operate "differently" or do not have all the bells and whistles of the Windows packages does not mean there is a hole. I think too many people come from Windows and expect a program to perform the exact same workflow that they are used to. They refuse to learn a new program or because some little feature isn't there they believe there's a gap in their life.

Accept some change.