Quicken/IE via Bootcamp or Virtual Machine

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by mstgkillr, Mar 5, 2012.

1. mstgkillr macrumors regular

I finally made the switch! I purchased an October 2011 15" Macbook Pro, 2.4 GHz and upgraded to a 256GB Crucial M4 SSD and 16GB Corsair RAM. This is the best computer that I have ever owned or used, I couldn't be happier.

The only problem that I have ran into is that there isn't a good equal for Quicken. I tried iBank4 but it's not the same. So I guess I need to use Bootcamp or a Virtual Machine to run Windows 7. I would only need to use IE to access my bank account and Quicken. I should NOT need to use Windows 7 for anything else. What are the pro and cons with Bootcamp vs a Virtual Machine.

I assume in my case a Virtual Machine is probably the best route but I don't even know exactly what it is or where to get the software. Any help choosing, explaining, and installing Bootcamp OR a Virtual Machine would be greatly appreciated.

2. davids8477 macrumors 6502

Same issue here - only need Windows to run Quicken. I use VMFUSION as a virtual machine for Windows 7 - runs great.

3. yetieater macrumors regular

Have you tried Quicken Essentials? It performs some of the functions of the PC version.. I stick to it because I have relatively straightforward personal finance needs.