Quicken replacement that can pay bills online?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by majordude, Apr 26, 2011.

1. majordude macrumors 68020

majordude

I was looking at Quicken Essentials but it doesn't have integrated Bill Pay. Is there a native Mac app that does?

2. majordude thread starter macrumors 68020

majordude

3. aristobrat macrumors G4

Seems like most people end up running Quicken in a Windows virtual machine, which is about as far away from a native Mac app as you can get. :eek:

The other big finance apps for Mac are iBank and MoneyWell, and I don't think either do online bill payment. :(

4. midloman macrumors regular

midloman

Moneydance

I believe Moneydance has the ability to do online bill pay. I started to investigate but didn't get very far. I did like others here have recommended: run Windows in a virtual machine (Parallels) and continue to use Quicken for Windows. More expensive, but no learning curve involved.

5. anatfizz macrumors newbie

Quicken for Windows on an iMac

I'm totally clueless when it comes to Boot Camp and Parallels but I guess I need to educate myself on these topics as I'd really prefer using the Quicken for Windows program. Is it all that difficult? And where might I get that kind of assistance?

6. dasams macrumors member

dasams

I've been on Windows since, well, it was called DOS. Bought my first mac in march and found out there is no Quicken for Mac :mad: So I bought Win7 from Amazon, cranked up Boot Camp Assistant and set it up. Piece of cake. Not sure what Parallels is as it's not something I had to deal with. And my advce is run a machine with an ssd for quick boots between op systems. gl, dave

7. aristobrat macrumors G4

IMO, getting Windows on your Mac (either by using the Boot Camp utility that came on your Mac, or purchasing VMWare Fusion or Parallels Desktop) isn't difficult.

Either method requires that you own a copy of Windows that you can use to install on your Mac. Boot Camp is specific about which versions it supports (I think it has to be XP Service Pack 3 or later). Fusion/Parallels can run pretty much anything, going back to DOS.

There should be some guides floating around there on how to use either method, as running Windows is fairly popular.