Quicker way to read messages?

Discussion in 'iOS 10' started by eastwoodandy, Oct 7, 2016.

1. eastwoodandy macrumors member

Is it just me doing it wrong, or does it take 10 times longer to read messages in iOS 10?

Before, I could easily slide the banner down to peek at a message. Now I have to slide it down way further until it snaps in place, it then takes over the whole screen and I have to wait 5-10 seconds staring at a blank message box until the text appears.

Am I missing something? Is there a better way to handle this or an option I can disable?

So far I really dislike most of the UI navigation improvements, they feel clunky & unintuitive.

2. Ivanovitchk macrumors member

Ivanovitchk

3. eastwoodandy thread starter macrumors member

I don't, unfortunately. I assume 3D Touch still triggers the same behaviour as I'm seeing on my iPhone 6 though, using up unecessary time for what should be a quick glance.

4. teddybearstand macrumors regular

teddybearstand

I find the first time to be quite slow (pretty much the same time as just opening the app), but after it is loaded into the ram it is almost instant on my 6s. I can see how if you don't use it much it can be purged from the ram and again youll been waiting at a blank screen (especially on an iPhone 6).