Quickest Genius Bar repair ever

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by style, Aug 14, 2010.

1. style macrumors member

Sep 27, 2005
    So I got in today for a screen replacement of my 2007 mbp, I was told that 5-7business days turnover time is expected...

But but....
    They phoned me after less than 2hrs after they took it in :O

I was really pleased that it got repaired in such short time, you would have thought they must have a lot of macs in for repair but seems not!:D
  2. appleguy123 macrumors 603

Apr 1, 2009
    15 minutes in the future
    That is quick! I wish that my store could be so prompt.
  3. RossMc macrumors 65816

Apr 30, 2010
    Newcastle, UK
    I went in a month or two ago for a trackpad replacement the Genius told me that it would be done by the end of the day so I said I would just come back the next day as I live about an hour from the Apple store.

I walked out the shop got on the bus was about 10 minutes into my way home and they rang and told me the repair was done.:p
  4. iLog.Genius macrumors 601

Feb 24, 2009
    Toronto, Ontario
    It's rare to see that kind of turnaround time. Good for you though. Is there high volume at that store? I know in the GTA, you'll almost never have that kind of turnaround because of the high volume at all the stores here.
  5. style thread starter macrumors member

Sep 27, 2005
    There were quite a lot of people in the store, also a few macbooks waiting to be repaired. Therefore I totally didn't expect the service to be done so quick!
  6. Zak.V macrumors member

Aug 11, 2010
    I got my trackpad swapped on the spot less than 10 min. I was super impressed.
  7. aristobrat macrumors G5

Oct 14, 2005
    Are the stores in the GTA doing the new Genius Bar thing where the Geniuses stay till 11pm or later doing repairs in the GR?