Quickest time period for iMac to appear in Refurb Store?

Discussion in 'iMac' started by Blazer5913, Jun 25, 2017.

1. Blazer5913 macrumors 6502

Guys - I've been eying this 2017 iMac 27" every day now since the release. I'm hooked and literally have come so close to just pulling the trigger on my BTO option (27" i5 3.8ghz, 256 SSD, 8GB RAM but will add 16gb myself, and Radeon 575) on many occasions. However, I'm just thinking that I can definitely save a few hundred bucks on this if/when it appears in the Refurb store. I got my Early 2015 MacBook Pro as a refurb and absolutely love it; haven't had any issues and definitely saved some $$$ on it. However, I'm coming from a 2011 iMac and don' have the will power/patience right now haha. Sure, I don't "need" it now as I have an older iMac and MBP to get the job done now. But just so I have a timeframe in mind, what's the average timeframe you think an iMac would appear in the store? And the quickest timeframe you've seen a "newly released" model show up? Completely understand there's no way to tell exactly and who knows even what model will show up in there. I know all these things, just wanted to pick your guys' brains a bit on this. Thanks

2. CWallace macrumors 603

CWallace

Well there is a 14 day return policy, then it would need to be shipped to a refurb center for repacking and check-up. So 3-4 weeks, maybe?

3. nambuccaheadsau, Jun 25, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 25, 2017

nambuccaheadsau macrumors 6502a

nambuccaheadsau

Apple does not rush them whilst sales of a new model are booming, and they are!

Apple sells over 4 million Macs per quarter, not iPhones or anything else, just Macs, and dividends have climbed to 63¢ per share, an increase of 10% the highest of any company in the world. Cook and Co. must be doing something right.

4. Blazer5913 thread starter macrumors 6502

Good points on both those posts. I have a feeling especially what @nambuccaheadsau said. I am able to get $100 off for educational discount, so at least something. yes it would be a a couple of hundred off for refurb but I don't think it's that much more... I think I know what I have to do haha

5. Count Blah macrumors 68030

Count Blah

They wait until they have sufficient numbers, before listing in the refurb store. Also, they replace warranty claims with refurb products as well. So anyone experiencing issues, would get these early returns - once inspected/corrected.

It's usually 4-6 months before you see the "newly" released Macs in the refurb store. I'd lean towars the 6 months, than the 4 months.

6. rapicell macrumors regular

Like the above poster, usually it's a good while before they start popping up in the refurb store. I'm in the same boat tho, I wanna pull the trigger, but I'm not desire need and need to try holding until refurb status