Quickest way to attach a file to gmail?

Discussion in 'macOS' started by mankar4, Dec 14, 2012.

1. mankar4 macrumors 6502a

mankar4

Hi guys, are there any tools out there for attaching files quickly to gmail?

Such as a menu bar icon I drag a file onto that will open up a gmail message with the file already attached?

Or, even better, a way to add "send via gmail" to the right-click menu that appears when I click on a file?

Thanks guys.

2. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

I use Apple's Mail app for all my Gmail accounts. Attaching files is simple. There are several methods:
    • Locate the file in Finder and drag and drop onto the Mail Dock icon to compose a new message.
    • Drop the file onto a message you're already composing.
    • Select the file in Finder and click Finder > Services > New Email With Attachment
    • Create a keyboard shortcut for the above command

3. mankar4 thread starter macrumors 6502a

mankar4

Is there a way to do this without using Apple's default mail app, just using the browser-based gmail instead?

4. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

Not that I'm aware of. I haven't read any of the following, so I don't know if it would do what you want. Just a result from Googling.

How To Easily Send Files From Your Mac to Gmail

5. mankar4 thread starter macrumors 6502a

mankar4

Is there a way to set up Apple Mail as outgoing-only, so that it does not download or store any of my emails locally? Or a way to limit how many mb it stores locally?

6. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

I'm not aware of any such method, but I haven't looked, as I want all my mail downloaded so I can access it when I'm offline.