Quickest way to get newly released iPods?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by alexdudman, Sep 7, 2009.

1. alexdudman macrumors member

Just wondering what the quickest way to get your hands on newly released iPods normally is after the september media event?

Im waiting for the new Nano to be announced and soon as they will almost certainly be 'shipping now', wondered if the online orders get to you faster than the stores get them?

Im in the UK (fyi).

Cheers :rolleyes:

2. Gatteau macrumors 6502a

I'd really rather ordering online. But maybe that's because I've no Apple stores around me at all.

3. Creative One macrumors 6502

Creative One

Buy them?

4. -Ryan- macrumors 68000

The Apple Stores will have them on the day of release, so that should be the quickest way to get them. Other retail stores will likely not have them on the release date, but perhaps a few days later, or whenever they sell their current inventory. Who knows when you'll get an online order. Could be the day following the announcement, or 3 days later depending on the postal service efficiency. :)

5. peskaa macrumors 68020

peskaa

6. alexdudman thread starter macrumors member

Thanks, very helpful ;)

Thanks for the reply, ill most likely order online from Apple soon as we don't have an Apple Store in our city and the fact that I don't trust the efficiency of 3rd part resellers. Hopefully I will be lucky and get it before the weekend (i'm going to be out of town). :rolleyes:

7. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

40 West, off at Fayetteville, hang a left then an immediate right into the mall parking lot. Go 19 MPH (because the sign says so) around the bend about 1/2 mile, hang a left and park. The Apple store should be in front of you.

Good luck.

8. Shake 'n' Bake macrumors 68020

Shake 'n' Bake

You know, I, for some reason, had a dream about the iPod event last night.

I was watching it live online somehow, and Steve Jobs was doing the keynote and a female who was probably in the audience was on stage too. Steve was showing her something with a sheet over it. Then it went to a commercial. Next Steve pulled the cover off the device he was showing the woman.

It was a QuickTake-esque camera. It was probably a DSLR with no fewer than 12 MP. It used SDHC cards, of course.

Finally, Steve showed off the new iPod touch which had a 3.2 MP camera.

That's it.

I'm expecting a camera in the iPT. And I think Steve will be doing the keynote. Beyond that, I have no clue.

9. MacKiddyWiddy macrumors 6502

apple shop curries pc world anything like that will have them almost immediately [​IMG] if you live in the middle of nowhere... give it some apple store, that will give you maybe a 3day delay though

10. aethelbert macrumors 601

And what are you basing that off of? Certainly it isn't past updates, as it has never been that way.

11. muldul macrumors 6502

If you order it on wednesday evening when they are announced, it should be with you friday morning or saturday
    that is what i do as i live 60 miles from nearest apple store, well that is a lie, i could go to london (30 miles) but the traffic is a joke

12. alexdudman thread starter macrumors member

There is some hope of me getting it before the weekend then :)
    Cheers for sharing the knowledge :p

13. alexdudman thread starter macrumors member