Quickest way to get to the camera?

stanw

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 29, 2007
Using a 6S+ I want to be able to take photos sometimes without having to get to the lock screen and swiping up on the camera. Is there some hardware key combo that can go straight to the camera?

Thanks.

doboy

macrumors 68020
Jul 6, 2007
Using a 6S+ I want to be able to take photos sometimes without having to get to the lock screen and swiping up on the camera. Is there some hardware key combo that can go straight to the camera?

Thanks.
not on an iPhone.

CNeufeld

macrumors 6502a
Nov 25, 2009
Edmonton, AB
Good luck using that with the new Touch ID :)
Solution 1: Use a finger that you haven't registered on the phone
Solution 2: Use an edge of a finger that you have registered, or the fingernail of a finger you've registered
Solution 3: Use the power button to start phone

No luck required.

C

Will22

macrumors 65816
Dec 4, 2011

Thanks.
Not without jailbreaking and if you want to go down that route make you know what your doing first and obviously you will have to wait for iOS 9 jailbreak. I've my iPhone 6 set(with Activator) to unlock and open the camera app with a triple press of the home button. It works everywhere, not just when locked. I used to have it set(again with Activator) to unlock and open the camera when I used my left thumb to unlock.

AintDutchNotMuch

macrumors regular
Sep 14, 2015
The Netherlands
Not all of us use the touch ID. :cool:
Why would someone NOT use Touch ID? It's so extremely fast and convenient that it's something I would never understand. Going through the hassle of pressing the standby button, swipe the screen to the left and entering a code, or no code if you like to take risks of course ;)

Sgt.ThroatPunch

macrumors regular
Sep 19, 2015

Thanks.
Kids these days... Back in my day, you had to bring a camera everywhere! o_O

Newtons Apple

Suspended
Mar 12, 2014
Jacksonville, Florida
Genuinely curious what reason you have to not use it. I have yet to hear a real reason other than the misguided thought that it's too much trouble.
I have been through this over and over and the argument starts with and ends the same.

I choose to not use it. More disturbing to others, I am not the only one who does not use it. :p

Last edited:

Newtons Apple

Suspended
Mar 12, 2014
Jacksonville, Florida
Why would someone NOT use Touch ID? It's so extremely fast and convenient that it's something I would never understand. Going through the hassle of pressing the standby button, swipe the screen to the left and entering a code, or no code if you like to take risks of course ;)
Yes I enjoy being a risk taker. Taking risks make one feel alive!

Will22

macrumors 65816
Dec 4, 2011
I have been through this over and over and the argument starts with and ends the same.

I choose to not use it. More disturbing to others, I am not the only one who does not use it. :p
I think some people don't get the fact that some people don't need a security feature like that. I don't need security like it either because I don't ever put my phone in a situation where I would need it. In swing that I do use it because it is so easy and I use Apple Pay.

I have only ever had one phone that someone tried to steal and that was when I was selling it. It didn't work out for that guy and in the ensuing scuffle he fell into my fist and foot several times. His wallet also fell out of his pocket before he ran away and to my surprise it had over £200 in cash inside.

Will22

macrumors 65816
Dec 4, 2011
"Fell on my fist and foot several times" :)
Yeah, it was like there was some sort of magnetic field. When I opened his wallet to find over £225 I just smiled and thought karma. It also had his address in it so I sent him a photo of a bottle of Jack Daniel's Rye with a little note thanking him for his donation. I didn't return his wallet.

Reactions: Newtons Apple

eyoungren

macrumors Core
Aug 31, 2011
ten-zero-eleven-zero-zero by zero-two
Not without jailbreaking and if you want to go down that route make you know what your doing first and obviously you will have to wait for iOS 9 jailbreak. I've my iPhone 6 set(with Activator) to unlock and open the camera app with a triple press of the home button. It works everywhere, not just when locked. I used to have it set(again with Activator) to unlock and open the camera when I used my left thumb to unlock.
R.Petrich has a tweak that lets you share pics from the camera directly from the lock screen. Facebook, Twitter, email or text and your phone never unlocks. Was using that when I was jailbroken. Great for sending pics quickly to FB.

tivoboy

macrumors 68040
May 15, 2005
I just tap on the touchid with my thumbnail and then use the swipe up on the lock screen. Come to think about it I might just not scan the tip of my thumb and not have to worry about how fast touchid is.

stevemiller

macrumors 68000
Oct 27, 2008
I'm on the 6, my issue is the lock screen camera slider is flakey. Sometimes I can try 3 times and it'll bounce like I didn't do it *just* right. Usually you want the camera in that case to capture something spur of the moment. The degree of fiddliness with their implementation defeats the entire purpose imo.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.