Quickest way to get to the camera?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by stanw, Oct 8, 2015.

1. stanw macrumors 6502a

Using a 6S+ I want to be able to take photos sometimes without having to get to the lock screen and swiping up on the camera. Is there some hardware key combo that can go straight to the camera?

Thanks.

2. yanki01 macrumors 68040

yanki01

never heard of one. I think the swiping up works quick. at least on my iP6.

3. doboy macrumors 68000

not on an iPhone.

4. Hexiii macrumors 65816

Hexiii

Good luck using that with the new Touch ID :)

5. CNeufeld macrumors 6502a

Solution 1: Use a finger that you haven't registered on the phone
    Solution 2: Use an edge of a finger that you have registered, or the fingernail of a finger you've registered
    Solution 3: Use the power button to start phone

No luck required.

C

6. Newtons Apple macrumors G5

Newtons Apple

Not all of us use the touch ID. :cool:

7. Will22 macrumors 65816

Will22

Not without jailbreaking and if you want to go down that route make you know what your doing first and obviously you will have to wait for iOS 9 jailbreak. I've my iPhone 6 set(with Activator) to unlock and open the camera app with a triple press of the home button. It works everywhere, not just when locked. I used to have it set(again with Activator) to unlock and open the camera when I used my left thumb to unlock.

8. duaneu macrumors 6502a

Touch ID is so fast now, it's quicker to unlock and hit the camera app than to swipe.

9. AintDutchNotMuch macrumors regular

AintDutchNotMuch

Why would someone NOT use Touch ID? It's so extremely fast and convenient that it's something I would never understand. Going through the hassle of pressing the standby button, swipe the screen to the left and entering a code, or no code if you like to take risks of course ;)

10. Sgt.ThroatPunch macrumors regular

Sgt.ThroatPunch

Kids these days... Back in my day, you had to bring a camera everywhere! o_O

11. Trius macrumors 6502a

Trius

Genuinely curious what reason you have to not use it. I have yet to hear a real reason other than the misguided thought that it's too much trouble.

12. Newtons Apple, Oct 9, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 9, 2015

Newtons Apple macrumors G5

Newtons Apple

I have been through this over and over and the argument starts with and ends the same.

I choose to not use it. More disturbing to others, I am not the only one who does not use it. :p

13. Newtons Apple macrumors G5

Newtons Apple

Yes I enjoy being a risk taker. Taking risks make one feel alive!

14. The Game 161 macrumors G5

The Game 161

15. Will22 macrumors 65816

Will22

I think some people don't get the fact that some people don't need a security feature like that. I don't need security like it either because I don't ever put my phone in a situation where I would need it. In swing that I do use it because it is so easy and I use Apple Pay.

I have only ever had one phone that someone tried to steal and that was when I was selling it. It didn't work out for that guy and in the ensuing scuffle he fell into my fist and foot several times. His wallet also fell out of his pocket before he ran away and to my surprise it had over £200 in cash inside.

16. Newtons Apple macrumors G5

Newtons Apple

17. Will22 macrumors 65816

Will22

Yeah, it was like there was some sort of magnetic field. When I opened his wallet to find over £225 I just smiled and thought karma. It also had his address in it so I sent him a photo of a bottle of Jack Daniel's Rye with a little note thanking him for his donation. I didn't return his wallet.

18. AintDutchNotMuch macrumors regular

AintDutchNotMuch

Totally right about that. I've just deleted the fingerprint lock and pass code lock too!

Nah just kidding:D

19. eyoungren macrumors P6

eyoungren

R.Petrich has a tweak that lets you share pics from the camera directly from the lock screen. Facebook, Twitter, email or text and your phone never unlocks. Was using that when I was jailbroken. Great for sending pics quickly to FB.

20. eclipse01 macrumors 68020

eclipse01

My first camera phone I actually had to attached a camera to the phone!

21. Newtons Apple macrumors G5

Newtons Apple

Save it for the weekend, have a few drinks and then turn it off! LIVING ON THE EDGE!

22. tivoboy macrumors 68030

I just tap on the touchid with my thumbnail and then use the swipe up on the lock screen. Come to think about it I might just not scan the tip of my thumb and not have to worry about how fast touchid is.

23. stevemiller macrumors 65816

I'm on the 6, my issue is the lock screen camera slider is flakey. Sometimes I can try 3 times and it'll bounce like I didn't do it *just* right. Usually you want the camera in that case to capture something spur of the moment. The degree of fiddliness with their implementation defeats the entire purpose imo.