Quickest way to order iPhone X during preorder launch?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Unprocessed1, Sep 18, 2017.

1. Unprocessed1 macrumors 65816

Unprocessed1

I've seen some folks recommend favoriting your preferred iPhone X configuration to make checkout quicker. I tried testing this out to try to purchase an iPhone 8 (using Safari on my laptop), and it seems like checkout still takes many steps (inputting carrier plan information, logging into Apple account, etc), even with my credit card and shipping info saved beforehand.

Am I missing something - is there a quicker way to checkout without going through 3-4 different pages?

2. Relentless Power macrumors Penryn

Relentless Power

Personally, I would rather use the mobile application versus the desktop site. I think it's much more of an efficient process.

3. Gathomblipoob macrumors 601

Gathomblipoob

Yes, and if you favorite an item on the desktop Apple site, it will show up under Favorites in the app.

4. Newtons Apple macrumors Core

Newtons Apple

5. Seth Matthews macrumors 6502

Seth Matthews

Make sure you have Apple Pay setup and use the Apple mobile app. Quickest way.

6. Dirtydutch macrumors 6502a

Dirtydutch

And if you're in the US and need to select a carrier I suggest you select YOUR carrier. Because if you don't besides the T-Mobile variant, all others will require account info that will trip you up and slow you down if the info is not correct.

7. democracyrules macrumors 6502a

You have an excellent point!! Thank you.

8. nojokews6 macrumors regular

is there anyway to add an apple gift card as a payment on the app?

9. DNichter macrumors G3

DNichter

I find going through your carriers app to be the fastest. It connects to your account and approves faster than through the Apple app.

10. FunkyTang, Sep 19, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 19, 2017

FunkyTang macrumors 6502a

You can add an apple gift card to your Passbook.

Peeling off the seal on the back of the AppleStore Gift Card reveals a QR code alongside a letter code, like that which appears on iTunes Gift cards. Open the Passbook app and tap the plus sign in the upper right corner to add the card. You may have to swipe down on existing passes/cards to reveal the plus sign.

11. democracyrules macrumors 6502a

Definitely!!