Quickest way to transfer 26,000 photos/video

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Elzbeths, Apr 2, 2016.

1. Elzbeths macrumors newbie

Elzbeths

Hi there, I have 18,000 photos on my camera roll of my iPhone 6, however attempting to upload to the cloud it is saying there are 26,000 (?) and it is uploading at around 1 image per 40 seconds. Has anyone else had experience with a similar volume and what was the best way to back up your pics for storage? Thank you!

2. Newtons Apple macrumors P6

Newtons Apple

Why would you even try to use the cloud for that many images.

Do a hard encrypted backup via iTunes and use that to restore your new device.

You also might want to consider "culling" out some of those images as I find it hard to believe that having that many images is useful.

3. Elzbeths thread starter macrumors newbie

Elzbeths

I consider it because I knew no better...and that's how I found myself here :)!

Thanks for the advice, and yes, you are absolutely right, that many images are not useful which sees me in this dilemma and trying to rectify it (thank goodness for Instagram and capturing the more special moments!). Hey, I don't drink, smoke or gamble but I am addicted to taking photos!

4. asleep macrumors 68040

asleep

Nothing wrong with that! [​IMG] [​IMG]

5. noobinator macrumors 601

I see nothing wrong with using the cloud for that many images. That is what it is there for. It's a great backup to your backups. That said, I use Google Photos and uploaded around 10,000 and don't remember it taking anywhere near that long per photo.

6. 12vElectronics macrumors 68040

12vElectronics

What he said. Trim it down by deleting the photos and videos you really don't need then use iTunes.

7. Newtons Apple macrumors P6

Newtons Apple

I love to take images too but I do have a drink each evening. Quit smoking years ago.

If you have a computer you can copy all of your images onto that so you loose nothing. With that many images on your phone I have no idea how you will decide what you want to keep and want can go.

Enjoy and keep on taking images!!!

8. emilioestevez Suspended

emilioestevez

Connect your iPhone to your Mac, open Image Capture, offload your photos to a folder on your disk/external disk.

9. hovscorpion12 macrumors 65816

hovscorpion12

I'm assuming because of 26,000 images and you are using iCloud that you have the 1TB storage. I would also look into dropbox 1TB as well.