Quicklook...excellent!!

Discussion in 'macOS' started by Mekgek, Jun 15, 2007.

1. Mekgek macrumors member

Wow! This is the kind of feature I have been wanting to see for a long long time. It's going to save sooo much time, not having to open all those seperate applications to view something.

I really hope apple will be supporting a lot of different formats like adobe illustrator files(?) But it's already great that it supports word and excel files. Usually when I open these I don't have to edit anything anyway. Would be nice especially if it was integrated in Mail as well.

Definately my favourite feature.

2. nuckinfutz macrumors 603

nuckinfutz

Yes it is. I'm pretty shocked that many people don't "get it". Imagine if you didn't like Preview (which launches rather quickly) and hated Acrobat Reader yet you were always peering into PDF for data. With Quick look you don't have to open either app.

What I want to know is "do I have to have Office installed to open Word and Excel files?" if the answer is no then Quick look is going to be mega poplular.

Quick look is like Expose...it looks "ok" when you see it demoed but when you actually use it you can't imagine computing without it.

3. richard.mac macrumors 603

richard.mac

imaging opening and viewing word and photoshop files instantly... this will become a reality in october

4. Bern macrumors 68000

Bern

I too wonder which apps QuickLook will be compatible with. I often peruse pdfs and images so having this is something that is going to be ultra convenient.

5. Wayfarer macrumors 65816

Wayfarer

I'd buy Leopard for QuickLook alone. The demo is appealing and I love what you can do with it. :D

6. EricNau Moderator emeritus

EricNau

I guess the only reason to ever open an app will be to edit files?

...After all, why would you open anything if you can just view it in Quicklook?

7. FF_productions macrumors 68030

FF_productions

Quicklook is very useful but I like Coverflow even more. I can just fly through all my documents, and be able to see what they are without doing anything.

8. czeluff macrumors 6502

Quicklook is the best

I have my copy of Leopard from WWDC. Let me second the notion that Quicklook is the best part of Leopard.

I open EVERYTHING with it now: Word files, Excel files, movies, pics, PDFs, etc. Plus it's possible for developers to add 3rd-party Quicklook support. SO don't worry, almost everything CAN be Quicklook-able.

Leopard is amazing; nuff said.

cz

9. epochblue macrumors 68000

epochblue

QuickLook is probably the feature I'm most excited about so far. It's the feature whose usefulness I could see immediately during the keynote.

I hope it's as good as people are saying :)

10. iShak macrumors 6502

quicklook is great, quicklook and stacks are the only 2 features in leopard that I am actually looking forward to ...

11. siurpeeman macrumors 603

siurpeeman

perhaps to view multiple files at once like two word/pages documents side by side. i don't think this can be done with quick look.