Quicklook .mkv alteration not working after qt update

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Bonsai1214, Apr 13, 2008.

1. Bonsai1214 macrumors 6502a

title says it all. i did the thing where i added the few lines of code to the plist file and it played mkv files in quicklook. now after the update, it doesn't do it any more.

fixes? or do i just have to reedit the file, at the chance the update rewrote it?

2. muitommy macrumors newbie

quite obvious, your quicktime was updated, so you need to modify the plist in quicktime again.

3. cyclo macrumors newbie

not so...
    that's what I thought at first but the added key is still there... the update did not overwrite the info.plist file.

And come to think of it, there's been a few updates since I made this alteration and it has always worked ..until now.

for some reason it doesn't work anymore.

4. allan.nyholm macrumors 6502a

allan.nyholm

Have you updated Perian too? It was updated recently.

BTW. get this app http://www.macupdate.com/info.php/id/25243/perian's-type-installer - this will enable QuickTime to see MKV files, it adds a MKV filetypeicon to all MKV files thereafter. I bet QuickLook will work fine after this is all done; with Perian and this Perian Type Installer. I'm not entirely sure though since I don't use QuickLook or QuickTime to view my MKV files. But since QuickLook will see the same movie files as Quicktime I think it'll work.