quickly enter ID

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Mike5100, Feb 3, 2011.

1. Mike5100 macrumors newbie

Hi guys - newbie to Mac and iphones. Just got a 4.
    My email address is awkward because it's long and contains characters that are in both the alpha and the numeric keyboards. And I foolishly set up my Apple ID with a long mixture of letters and numbers.
    It means it takes forever when an app asks me for my ID.
    Is there a way of associating a string of characters with one key, or even a button (I recognise the security risks, but I'd still like to do it).
    Thanks
    Mike

2. JamesMB macrumors 68000

JamesMB

Wouldn't it be easier to just edit your Apple ID in iTunes.

3. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

You should make an easy and short apple ID.
    Also when need to update an app it should only ask you for your password not the apple ID also.
    That should be saved when you login for the first time to the appstore.

4. Mike5100 thread starter macrumors newbie

It insists on a valid email address as the ID. And so far it's always asked me to type in both the ID and password
    Here's the screen that I get when I try to edit my Apple ID:
    Any ideas?
    Mike

Attached Files:

5. JamesMB macrumors 68000

JamesMB

First of all, blur out your email address, so it's not available to the entire world, unless of course that's what you intended.

If you don't like your email address, why not open a Gmail account with an address that you do like?

When you download an app from iTunes, you will get a popup asking for your password, it will also have a small check-box, that says something like "remember me". If you place a check in that box, the next time you download an app, it will not prompt you for anything before the download begins.

When you download an app from your device it will always prompt you for your password only. That is for security reasons, in case you lose your device.

6. Mike5100 thread starter macrumors newbie

That's not my real email James. I never get the checkbox option to remember me. And it always asks me for both my ID and my password
    Mike

7. JamesMB macrumors 68000

JamesMB

Try resetting your download warnings in your iTunes account.

Attached Files: