Quickpwn 2.2.1 in Windows Problem

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by Mess, Feb 1, 2009.

1. Mess macrumors 6502

Mess

Hi Guys,

As the title says this is my issue, I have iphone 3G, was jailbroken on 2.2 with no issues what so ever. I held back updating to 2.2.1 until the official release of quickpwn for windows.

I have now upgraded and cant re-jailbrake.
    Quickpwn gets to the point where its trying to put the phone into restore mode then just sits there while the phone displays the picture of USB lead pointing to iTunes. I have tried the process multiple times all with the same end result.

I have removed and re-installed itunes + quicktime removed quickpwn and re-downloaded and even installed itunes on a new laptop thats never had itunes on it before and tried from there. Same result.

I have also re-installed the firmware to the phone to see if that made any difference and it didnt.

I know a few people on here are having the same issue so i want to know if you guys have got around this yet or not? and what have yous tried?

And I dont have access to a mac to try or i would have by now before posting this.

Thanks

Andy.

2. Mess thread starter macrumors 6502

Mess

Well not sure what the issue was but was obviously something on my pc.

I had .net3.5 installed and all but 1 update. I installed that and rebooted and tried again. Still didnt work.

I had amend the msconfig and which services booted with Windows Xp Pro quite some time ago. As a precaution i changed this back so that all services in the msg config started with Windows, then rebooted.

After the reboot i put the 2.2.1 firmware in the same folder as Quickpwn and loaded iTunes. Itunes detected my phone so i opened quickpwn and it all worked from there.

I hope this helps someone out there as im sure im not the only person with the issue.

Thanks

Andy.