QuickPwn 2.2 crashes on Windows

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by Rakker, Nov 23, 2008.

1. Rakker macrumors newbie

Hello,

I have a MacBook (late 2008), and because of that I want to upgrade my iPhone 2G 2.1 on the Windows XP PC of my parents. But when I download QuickPwn 2.2 for Windows, it keeps crashing! It does the same on my virtual Windows XP (VMware Fusion).

What can I do?!

Thanks!

2. Xai macrumors member

You cant use Quickpwn in a virtual setting. Redownload quickpwn and use that instance and when it gets after the 30 seconds keep holding the home button down

3. Rakker thread starter macrumors newbie

But it doesn't work on the Windows PC either. When I start QuickPwn, Windows just says that I can send an error report to Microsoft. There's nothing more I can do...

4. staccato83 macrumors 6502a

staccato83

I have the same problem in Vista. I downloaded quickpwn, unzipped it, clicked on it to open it and then I just get an error message and it asks me if I would like to try debugging the program. So I try to debug and that doesnt work either.

Seriously getting irritated...

5. Xai macrumors member

Have you tried downloading another copy of it?

Also did you update or restore to 2.2?

6. Rakker thread starter macrumors newbie

I've got it! QuickPwn didn't work because iTunes wasn't installed on the PC.

7. o8er0n macrumors newbie

This worked for me. Thank you!

8. Tokiopop macrumors 68000

Tokiopop

Just close iTunes, open QuickPwn, and connect your iPhone. then follow the on screen instructions, it should be fine. :D

9. jwburgardt macrumors newbie

similar problem

ok so i have windows xp, and when i try to download quickpwn 22-1.zip, it downloads and everything, but the icon is just a .zip file so i try to just run it anyway and it gets me a .NET framework error message....anyone know what i can do?

10. manusarswat macrumors newbie

I am facing the same error. I download quickpwn 2.2 on a Windows XP machine with SP3. It's a zip file, so I extract it using winzip. Two files are extracted, one .exe and another is a readme file. When I double click on the .exe file to install quickpwn 2.2, it gives me an error saying the send the error report. Nothing happens. I know this software has worked for other people. I have tried to download the software from different sites and to different machines, but same results. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Manu

11. mikew228 macrumors newbie

what i did for xp was that i dled .net framework 3.5. installed,restart and quickpwn 2.2 worked.