Quickpwn bundle error

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by makavelidon04, Feb 2, 2011.

1. makavelidon04, Feb 2, 2011
    Last edited: Feb 2, 2011

makavelidon04 macrumors member

I'm trying to jailbreak the 3gs, but whenever i try to select the ispw, it says that i have the wrong bundle ?

i downloaded 4.1.3 pwnagetool, i have 4.2.1 iphone 3gs restore software,and i tried searching but no luck on how to fix this.

2. ulbador macrumors 68000

ulbador

I'm pretty sure QuickPwn is a few years out of date... For 4.2.1 you'll need redsn0w.

3. makavelidon04 thread starter macrumors member

4. ulbador macrumors 68000

ulbador

5. WhatAmI macrumors 6502a

WhatAmI

Are you by any chance running PwnageTool on a PowerPC Mac? If so, no dice :/

6. makavelidon04 thread starter macrumors member

7. nebo1ss, Feb 2, 2011
    Last edited: Feb 2, 2011

nebo1ss macrumors 68030

Pwnage tool never got a full update for 4.2.1 which is why it does not recognize the IPSW. You have to get the 4.2.1 bundle and drop it into pwnage tool and only then will it recognize the ipsw. You can get the bundle from the DEV team site including instructions on which directory to drop the bundle in. Even after doing this and creating the custom firmware it is not jailbroken. After you restore the phone to the custom IPSW you have to then jailbreak it with Redsn0w.

8. makavelidon04 thread starter macrumors member

so i dropped the bundle into the resources folder. now its creating an ispw, without the 6.15 baseband though. do i restore my iphone with it? or what?

9. nebo1ss macrumors 68030

Depends on what you are trying to achieve. If you have an older baseband and want to preserve it then yes restore to the custom IPSW you are creating. that will update you to 4.2.1 and keep the old baseband. You then just run redsn0w to jailbreak it and if old bootrom will be untethered if new bootrom will be a tethered jailbreak.

10. makavelidon04 thread starter macrumors member

Okay, I'm a little confused, so please try to bare with me.

I have 4.2.1 on baseband 5.15.04, and its locked. I want to unlock the phone to use it on tmobile, and its a phone with the old bootrom I believe since its not a week 40+ phone.

When I try to use pwnagetool, it doesnt give me an option of upgrading my baseband, like it does on video tutorials?

and this is what I do. I plug in my phone, select my 3gs 4.2.1 software, click no on the contract, and build it. then do i restore my phone to that firmware, then use redsn0w to jailbreak it, and then ultrasn0w to unlock it?

11. nebo1ss macrumors 68030

Since you are already on 5.15 baseband, pwnage tool is no good for you. It is only used to update and preserve an existing baseband.

You are using the wrong tool you need to use redsn0w. That will give you the option to upgrade to the ipad baseband which can then be unlocked.

Use this Tutorial: http://www.iclarified.com/entry/index.php?enid=12944

12. makavelidon04 thread starter macrumors member

okay, well i feel like an idiot. thank you so much for baring with me thus far

i'm trying to use my restore firmware through redsn0w, but it says "unable to recognize specified firmware"

do i need a bundle for this as well?

13. nebo1ss macrumors 68030

Use the totorial I added in the edited response above.

14. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

You don't need pwnage then. The only way to unlock it is by installing the iPad baseband. Use redsnow.

15. makavelidon04 thread starter macrumors member

Thank you, so now that I'll have a tethered jailbreak, because I guess my phone is a newer model, what if I reboot without plugging my phone into my computer?

16. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

You will be stuck at the apple logo until you run redsnow again and select boot tethered.

17. nebo1ss macrumors 68030

It will hang at the apple logo. You have to plug it into computer and run boot tethered on redsn0w anytime you reboot, or power off.

18. makavelidon04 thread starter macrumors member

currently syncing my apps and contacts :)

THANK YOU so much guys, without you i'd probably be paying for an unlocking service. thanks!