Quickpwn on Vista - HELP ME PLEASE!!!!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by ripnotes, Jan 9, 2009.

1. ripnotes macrumors newbie

Hello everyone, I need some serious help!!! I'm trying to use Quickpwn 2.2 on my laptop and it continues to get stuck at the last step which is the point im suppose to put my iPhone in DFU mode. The countdown that shows you how to put an iphone in dfu mode never starts. Im on vista home premium 32 bit operating system. Can anyone give me step by step instructions how to tweak my windows vista for I could be able to use quickpwn 2.2 without a problem. I have .net 3.5 sp1 already and I just need to know what else I need to do thanks in advance. (F.Y.I - I dont have another computer so I need help with this one)

2. fireshot91 macrumors 601

fireshot91

Either restart your computer and iPhone, if that doesn't work, switch USB ports. Or try a USB Hub.

3. Aurial macrumors 6502

The above is good advice and worth a try. I had no joy however and had to do the jailbreak on a different machine. There were no problems with doing that and then syncing it with my laptop afterwards.

4. ripnotes thread starter macrumors newbie

Why would I use a USB Hub over just using the USB Ports? Im just wondering.

5. benflick macrumors 68020

benflick

Other members of this site have found sucess in using a USB Hub. Why? Well I don't know.

6. ripnotes thread starter macrumors newbie

I finally got it to work and was able to jailbreak my iphone on Windows Vista. I tried downloading quickpwn 2.2 from at least 15 different websites and none of them worked for me. Then someone gave me a link to a youtube video which had a quickpwn 2.2 download link that actually worked the way its suppose to work. Here's the link http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sdwh6HBjBUM I hope this can help anyone that needs it. If this works for anyone thats having this problem let me know.