Quickpwned my 3g... few questions

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by sehender1, Sep 11, 2008.

1. sehender1 macrumors newbie

I took the plunge last night and used Quickpwn RC3 to pwn and jailbreak my 2.0.2 3g iPhone.

I did this for a single reason - to be able to install Intelliscreen. I am not generally someone who "hacks" stuff, but in my opinion, the lack of a Today screen on the iPhone is a ridiculous shortcoming. This was my only option.

In any case, I've got a few questions. I'm a total newb with this stuff.

1) If I decide to go back to the regular 2.0.2 firmware (for example, before upgrading to 2.1 at some point) how do I do this? My understanding is that Quickpwn doesn't actually alter the firmware, so I'm a little confused. Would a simple "restore" in iTunes take me back to pre-jailbreak conditions?

2) iTunes 8. If I upgrade iTunes, will the Quickpwned 3g still sync properly, etc? I've seen some threads where jailbreaking is being discussed in reference to iTunes 8, but there isn't any info there specifically about Quickpwn.

3) This is not a question, but a continuation of my rant. Apple cannot really be marketing the iPhone as a business tool without the option, at least, to create an easy Today screen. This is smart phone 101 kind of stuff. For me, the iPHone isn't a toy, or a gadget. It's a way to combine a host of functions (personal, social, business) in one very small tool. Without a Today screen, its business function is severely limited. It's a shame that I have to resort to "hacking" the device to overcome that limitation. This is generally a wonderful phone, with a lot of very cool features. Apple should come to its senses and permit a standard app to create the Today screen..

Thanks in advance for anyone who can help me with questions 1 and 2!

2. Jin666 macrumors member

This isn't much help but I second these question too! ;)