quickreply for GV or similar

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by psywzrd, Jun 21, 2011.

1. psywzrd macrumors 68030

I know that you can use the SMS GV Extension with BiteSMS if you want to use your GV# instead of your cell # but that's an either/or thing, and I'm not really into using a toggle every time I want to turn that setting on or off. Is there another way (an app or whatever) to use my GV# for texting that would also provide some sort of quickreply/quickcompose functionality?

If not, is there any other way to text back and forth using anything besides my cell #? I'm not going to cancel my texting plan with AT&T or anything - I'm just looking for a way to send and receive texts and mms outside of my AT&T account and I'd like to be able to do it similar to how bitesms's QR/QC works. I know that there are apps like Whatsapp, TextNow and Ping but is there anything like that on the jb side that also provides QR/QC?

2. sbddude macrumors 6502a

What's wrong with doing it this way? it works flawlessly for me.

3. psywzrd thread starter macrumors 68030

Because you have to toggle it on when you want to use your GV # and toggle it off when you want to use your cell # - that's not convenient for me at all. If both could be active at the same time and I could choose to send via GV to certain contacts only and receive texts via GV and my cell # at the same time, I would use it.

4. sbddude macrumors 6502a

look at bite SMS settings. There's an option there for "default send method", and one of the choices is "remember per contact". You can have certain contacts use AT&T and others use an alternative method.

5. psywzrd thread starter macrumors 68030

I believe that setting is only if you want to use bitesms credits or whatever - I don't think you can set that to gv.