Quickreply SMS stop working after upgrade?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by Vinnie Madrox, Jun 29, 2010.

1. Vinnie Madrox macrumors 6502

Vinnie Madrox

Has anyone else had this problem? In the description t said something cryptic about a future stable 4.0 release. I upgraded anyway (3gs 3.1.2 blackra1n) and now its not working. The options are still in the settings app, but i cant reply from the lock screen, and when i get sms/mms from any app or home
    screen, there is no "reply" button like usual, just view and close (like before i had quickreply sms).

Anyone else having this problem as well? And is there any way to downgrade it to an older ver so i can get it working again? I tried reinstalling it 3 times (officially purchesed)

2. scottuf macrumors 6502

the dev updated it for 4.0 support and it is causing problems with 3.x. he tweeted that he was pushing an update.

3. Vinnie Madrox thread starter macrumors 6502

Vinnie Madrox

So is he saying, to use this app, you HAVE to update to 4.0 and jb? Cause i have a new bootrom 3gs and cant jailbreak 4.0 if i update....and i really dont want 4.0 any time soon....

4. lakshi macrumors regular

Well i have an iphone 3G running on 4.0. I downloaded and installled qucikreplysms but i cant find this app on my phone. Also, when someone messages me, i dont see a new window come up...any advice?

5. scottuf macrumors 6502

i believe he's says that he will fix for backwards compatibility. he responds to twitter questions, so feel free to clarify with him.

6. RNVarma macrumors regular

I've been in contact with Gaurav (the developer). He's working on a fix for 3.x firmwares.