Quickreply sms to bitesms. Amy need for quickreply sms anymore?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by Vinnie Madrox, Apr 26, 2010.

1. Vinnie Madrox macrumors 6502

Vinnie Madrox

Title basicly says it all. i bought quickreplysms when i jailbroke my 3gs back in january, and just bought bitesms because it has more features. Is there any reason i should keep quickreplysms, or should i just uninstall it?

2. luvu01 macrumors regular

uninstall it. you can always install it back if you like for free so dont worry

3. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Remove it.
    Having both installed might cause problems.

4. wazza12345 macrumors regular

Nope, I made the switch to biteSMS and then uninstalled quickreply, never looked back!

5. spaceballl macrumors 68030

spaceballl

This thread has me curious! I love quickreply SMS, but if people seem to unanimously prefer bitesms, i best check that out....

6. wazza12345 macrumors regular

I was a big quickreply fan, and would still use it if bitesms wasn't around. But bitesms does all that quickreply does and loads more.. .its awesome :D

7. psywzrd macrumors 68030

Is it possible to install bitesms and just use the quick reply feature? I don't really need a full-blown replacement for the sms app so I really only need the quick reply function. I've been using irealquicksms but it's buggy and hasn't been updated in forever. I've been looking at both BiteSMS and Quickreply as replacements for irealquick but I'm not really sure which way to go.

8. Mystikal macrumors 68020

Mystikal

This! BiteSMS is <3.

9. Leafs macrumors member

10. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

No

11. Vinnie Madrox thread starter macrumors 6502

Vinnie Madrox

i actually switched back to quickreply sms. bitesms's actual app was slow and laggy as HELL. i LOVED the txt sending delay and quick compose features, but i couldn't deal with the app always crashing and just running like dog piss jones, so i uninstalled it,. kinda sucks that i paid money for it :-/

are there any other apps that i can run on top of Quickreply sms that will JUST do the volume up, tap to quick compose thing that bitesms did? i used that ALL the time from the lock screen

12. Mystikal macrumors 68020

Mystikal

Thats weird. Maybe you had a bad install or something...

13. Zonyc macrumors member

It is free if you want it to be. If you dont pay for a license you are shown ads at the bottom of your screen instead.

14. psywzrd macrumors 68030

With the newest version of quickreply, if your phone is locked and the screen is off and you get a text message do you still need to double-tap on the box in order to reply?

15. twezzyfbaby macrumors regular

twezzyfbaby

All u have to do is tap the bottom of the screen now then ur keyboard pops up

16. psywzrd macrumors 68030

Thx. Do you have the option to just close the dialog box if you don't want or need to reply to the message?

17. twezzyfbaby macrumors regular

twezzyfbaby

yes u can press the home button or the close option the pops up with the message