Quicksilver "Actions"

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by fily, May 12, 2008.

1. fily macrumors regular

fily

Hey guys.. I know this is by far the worst 1st post I could do, but in all honesty, I've been browsing these boards since I first found them months ago, and it seems to be the most frequent forum to come up when I do a Mac search on google, and the people here have always helped others out, so I was wondering if I could please get some help out?

I just recently started using Quicksilver, and although at first I didn't quite like the hang of it.. I'm starting to notice I can't live without it. And as of recent, I've downloaded Textwrangler so I can use it for writing C. I use it to write the code, and than compile in the Terminal, and I love it like that. It was actually in a thread over on the Programming section that someone suggested doing it that way.

What my question is, since I'll be using Textwrangler for strictly coding, I was wondering if that were was an action for Quicksilver or something that would simultaneously open Textwrangler and Terminal at the same time?

Or if there's even some other way. Basically, I just want Terminal to always open along side Textwrangler.

Any ideas?

Thank you in advance.

2. pyr0sphere macrumors regular

You could create a trigger for that.

Just use "," (comma). You probably don't know what it does but just try it out ;)

Do your Quicksilver shortcut, and type Textwrangler and then comma, and then type Terminal. Cool eh?

Now turn this into a trigger shortcut

3. fily thread starter macrumors regular

fily

I know what the Comma does, but since I'm still relatively new to Quicksilver, how would I go about saving it as a Trigger, 'cause yeah, it does exactly what I want it to do haha. But how do I save it?

4. pyr0sphere macrumors regular

Go to Qucksilver -> Triggers

Click the + button on the bottom

Do the entire command with the two apps

Double click the trigger column and choose your hotkey

Done

5. fily thread starter macrumors regular

fily

Thank you so much. Couldn't have been more simple and straight forward (your instructions I mean), so thank you so much. I knew finally signing up for this place would be an intelligent move.

Thank you again!

6. pjrobertson macrumors 6502a