QuickSilver and iTunes

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by TuffLuffJimmy, Feb 8, 2008.

1. TuffLuffJimmy macrumors G3

TuffLuffJimmy

Whenever I play a song in Quicksilver using the iTunes plugin it plays a random song by the artist I have selected, and whenever I specifically choose a song from the artist if I invoke the 'next' command it just starts the song over again as if it's from a single song playlist. And sometimes whenever I chose a song it plays the wrong song in iTunes.

I understand that these problems are simply the way quicksilver works, apparently it labels songs with an individual number, or tag, and then each song is played in the order that they are tagged, not usually in the order they appear in iTunes (organized by Artist, Album, Song order....) And I understand that when it plays the wrong song that it's because the index is messed up and I just need to reindex quicksilver.

My question is:
    Is there a better plug in for iTunes? Or is there some way I could tweak quicksilver, the plug in, or some settings so that it works better?

one last thing:
    When I play a single song through quicksilver it says that it is playing in iTunes, but when I try to see where, by pressing command+L, nothing happens. Where is it playing?

2. kfordham281 macrumors 6502

Have you tried You Control? It's a free application that puts iTunes controls in your menu bar. I haven't used it in a while but it might have some keyboard shortcuts too.