Quicksilver and Snow Leopard

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by JasonR, Sep 30, 2009.

1. JasonR macrumors 6502a

JasonR

(I searched). I download Quicksilver which I cannot live without. It's not working correctly with Snow Leopard. I can't access the preference menu or plug ins menu. Has anyone had the same problem?

2. akadmon macrumors 68010

Same thing on my machine. That said, QS works just as it has always. Truth be told, I never had any need to go into the preferences when I was running it under Leopard.

3. JasonR thread starter macrumors 6502a

JasonR

I have a couple custom triggers set up, and had it running in my menu bar instead of the dock. And I really like the bezel interface.

Too bad quicksilver hasn't been updated in years.

4. devburke Guest

First of all, make sure you’re downloading it from http://code.google.com/p/blacktree-alchemy/downloads/list and not the Blacktree site, as that’s where all the current work is being done on it.

Second of all, that’s caused by incompatible plugins. Go to ~/Library/Application Support/Quicksilver/PlugIns and delete them all. Then add them back, one by one. When QS stops working, you’ll know you found the culprit(s). Simply uninstalling the incompatible plugins will make it work again (I’ve been using it every day for a month now).

5. JasonR thread starter macrumors 6502a

JasonR

Newest one from that link worked fine. Thanks dude!