Quicksilver for Final Cut Pro Work

Discussion in 'PowerPC Macs' started by Lil Chillbil, Jun 10, 2013.

1. Lil Chillbil macrumors 65816

Lil Chillbil

So the other day I stumbled across a craigslist add for a dual 1ghz powermac g4 with 1.5 gigs of ram a radeon 9000 64 mb card and a 160gb ide hdd. The listing says its running leopard and is $50 tower only. Now before I jump on this deal I need to know how well it would work for my tasks.

This computer would need to import hours upon hours of footage from a mini dv camcorder over firewire 400 into Final cut pro 5 then export the footage to the desktop where it is changed into a different format in several long handbrake sessions. And sent on its merry way over sharing to my main video editing pc running windows 8

now would this work? the only issue I see here is sharing to windows 8

2. wobegong Guest

Why use FCP just to receive the import (you say the editing will be done on a Windows machine)? Seems overkill, I just used to import mine (when I had a MiniDV cam) into Quicktime if I needed no editing done.
    Seems odd to have purchased a very expensive piece of software just to import video and not even using it for the edit.

3. Lil Chillbil, Jun 10, 2013
    Last edited: Jun 10, 2013

Lil Chillbil thread starter macrumors 65816

Lil Chillbil

Who said I purchased it

[​IMG]

but on a serious note I did buy that quicksilver and I was just wondering, if windows 8 will share and play nice with leopard