Quicksilver indexing ability?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Nuks, Apr 6, 2008.

1. Nuks macrumors 6502a

Hey everyone,

Is there any way for quicksilver to find files located deep within folders without having to drill down? Like spotlight can? The current method of doing so with quicksilver isn't really fast at all, as I have lots of sub-sub-sub-sub folders etc...

Thanks

2. karenflower macrumors 6502a

karenflower

Sure, you just need to change some of the catalog settings. Open a Quicksilver window, then press command and the comma key. Click Catalog, choose Custom on the left and you can add the top level of a folder (using the + icon at the bottom, select 'File & Folder Scanner').

Click the the circled 'i' at the bottom right, and a pane will pop up (if not already there). Make sure 'Include Contents: Folder Contents' is selected, and there will be a vertical slider to choose how many folders you want it to index. All the way up to infinity if you want. :D

3. antdgar macrumors member

Quicksilver's indexing is quite good. I have over 30,000 (folders?) over networked windows drives in the catalogue and I have not noticed any slow down. Macbook 2007

4. Badandy macrumors 68040

Badandy

Yes, I know, thread resurrection. Anyway, when I try the above my whole option window is grayed out. I can't change the depth of how deep it looks or anything. Any idea why this is so?

5. pjrobertson macrumors 6502a

You can't edit the default catalog entries.
    Go to the attributes tab and click 'create copy' This'll let you change the copied version's attributes.