Quicksilver not working with 10.6

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by badlydrawnboy, Aug 28, 2009.

1. badlydrawnboy macrumors 65816

The Snow Leopard Wikidot says Quicksilver b56a7 works fine with 10.6.

That isn't my experience. It crashes continuously. I've tried removing the entire Quicksilver folder from Application Support, thus starting fresh, but the application still crashes.

Anyone else having problems? Any ideas for a fix?

2. apple2009 macrumors newbie

3. leumas27 macrumors newbie

Same

I have the same issue. I was able to determine which plugins where causing the crash. It no longer crashes, but it won't open any apps.

4. pivo6 macrumors 68000

pivo6

I had the same problems. I decide to go back to the previous version and that works fine.

5. badlydrawnboy thread starter macrumors 65816

Which version did you switch back to?

I deleted my entire plugins folder and yet it was still crashing.

6. pivo6 macrumors 68000

pivo6

Version b54

http://www.blacktree.com/

7. cboglio macrumors newbie

To the OP...

I was having the same problems. I deleted the app and reinstalled but that still didnt work. I downloaded Appcleaner (a free app removing program recommended by MacWorld mag.) That did the trick. Have the Appcleaner remove all the lil' behind the scene junk. Then reinstall. Everything is working fine for me.

8. pivo6 macrumors 68000

pivo6

I'll have to try that. I have a trial version of Hazel that will cleanup all of the associated files.

9. Jshwon macrumors 6502

Jshwon

FYI, it looks like Blacktree has a 10.6 version up on it's site now.

10. jwc1230 macrumors newbie

I still can't seem to get it to work. Even using app cleaner and reinstalling it doesn't install to my application folder. Any thoughts?

11. run-kmc macrumors member

I deleted the old version, deleted the Quicksilver folder under ~/Library/Application Support, installed the new version, and away we went, good as new.

12. Cinder6 macrumors 6502

Cinder6

Worked for me after clearing out the Library files.

But I'm having a different error. Right now, the QS HUD only shows up in space #1. If I'm in another space and invoke Quicksilver, it shifts to the first space. Any ideas?

13. chkdg8 macrumors 6502

I used CleanApp which removes EVERYTHING and it still crashes when trying to install some plugins through the preference menu with the latest build. Almost all of the culprits are everything is the S category.

14. timeslip macrumors member

I have the exact same problem. Let me know if come up with a fix.

15. chkdg8 macrumors 6502

Late last night I re-installed the latest version and I avoided like a plague all plugins within the S category and I'm all good now. This has worked for me but I have read in other threads that the Cs' are pretty buggy as well.

16. TJMeier macrumors member

17. nineohtoo macrumors 6502

nineohtoo

Thanks guys. I've been holding off on upgrading because I can't live without quicksilver and I like having istat on my menu bar.

Also, are you guys upgrading or doing clean installs? I don't really want to do a clean install if I can avoid it.

18. chkdg8 macrumors 6502

QS does work. Read my post above. It took me several tries until I figured out which plugins to avoid.