Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

theNEOone

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 28, 2007
NYC
I've updated Quicksilver to the SL compatible version (B56A7, I think) and the responsiveness of the app is incredibly slow. Things were instantaneous in 10.5, but after the update I'm having some slowdown - not only do things take a while to load after queueing them up in QS, but the process of pulling up the desired app itself in the QS window takes a while. I'm thinking about just not using QS at all. Bleh...

=|

GimmeSlack12

macrumors 603
Apr 29, 2005
San Francisco
Should have searched. A few threads on this already.
Anyway, it is plug-in conflicts to get QS working right again. Delete your plug-ins and add them again one by one to figure out what isn't working.

theNEOone

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 28, 2007
NYC
Ok, I'll take a look. However, I don't have any strange plugins working, only the preset options that come w/ QS. I think I have an address book, ichat, itunes, and firefox plugin....that's it. I can't imagine that these stock plugins are creating the problem...

=|

devburke

Oct 16, 2008
Check these settings. They got bumped up to longer delays by default in the newer versions. Particularly the “Wait before searching” setting. I like to put it down to zero.

Screen shot 2009-08-31 at 10.09.16 PM.png

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.