Quicksurf browser... any reviews? Seems to have cool features

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by aerospace, Jan 16, 2009.

1. aerospace macrumors 6502a

Offers full screen & photo off toggle for faster browsing.

Next version already submitted will have ad blocking, history blocking, and orientation lock.

Has anyone here tried it? Only 3 reviews in app store at the moment, would like a positive review before I spend 99 cents, looks really good to me =)

2. atticus18244fsa macrumors 6502

atticus18244fsa

Im pretty sure I saw somewhere here made that. I was considering getting it but didnt

3. aerospace thread starter macrumors 6502a

...there really needs to be a trial period for apps.

Or how about 24 hours to use an app and if you don't like it you can apply for a refund in itunes?

4. deadsouls macrumors regular

you need a trial period for a 99 cent app? come on...

5. aerospace thread starter macrumors 6502a

thats not the point, they have apps costing much more than 99cents :p

6. WPeterson macrumors member

WPeterson

i just wanna know it worth or not....
    sometimes iphone safari is not that great for me.

but one issue comes, as a web developer, i made iphone website by recognize its safari browser user agent; if other browsers here, does the user agent change?

:confused:

7. fishkorp macrumors 68020

fishkorp

Download one and try, but they're all still using the exact same rendering engine as the Safari app. They're just adding their own features and buttons to a UIWebView. My guess is that all these browsers will send Safari as the user agent.

8. Rojo macrumors 65816

Rojo

Oooh, I will get it just for that. I NEVER use safari in landscape mode, and I hate how every time I try to browse the web in bed, the orientation keeps switching back and forth. Drives me crazy!!

9. cw2k7 macrumors member

My mobile safari useragent was
    Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU like Mac OS X; en) AppleWebKit/525.18.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.1 Mobile/5G77 Safari/525.20

In Quicksurf it is missing:
    Version/3.1.1 and Safari/525.20

In fullscreen mode it has an annoying button in the bottom right corner saying exit which does not disappear (10mm wide, 4mm high and a couple of mm away from the edge of the screen)

Seems to have a bug with some websites that turns the page background dark grey instead of white (ie. google)

Doesn't seem to allow multiple pages to be open at the same time like mobile safari.

Unlike mobile safari the address bar is always at the top of the screen (not hidden by scrolling) when not in full screen mode (also about 3mm more vertical screen space due to smaller bars at the top and bottom)

Image blocking works well and makes page loading fast, one click of a button and the page reloads with images.

10. aerospace thread starter macrumors 6502a

Sounds good so far, biggest thing is it stable or glitchy?