QuickTake 200 and OS X

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by Tallest Skil, Sep 2, 2007.

1. Tallest Skil macrumors P6

Tallest Skil

Hey, all. Recovering from my un-bricked iPhone debacle... I was wondering whether or not one of the old QuickTake cameras would be recognized by OS X. I don't need any fancy features, I just want to know if OS X will know that it is a digital camera and be able to interface with it. If I do get a digital camera for college, it'll be a QuickTake, but I want to know beforehand if I should be prepared for compatibility issues. I know this must be a very specialized question as there can't be many people who have working QuickTakes that they use regularly, but thanks for any input.

Oh, and for those of you who aren't old enough, the QuickTake 200 (100 and 150, as well) were Apple's digital cameras from 1994 (200 was early '97).

2. MisterMe macrumors G4

MisterMe

The QuickTake 200 communicated with computers via RS-232C serial lines. MacOS X does not recognize RS-232C. However, you may be able to use a card reader to access the images on the Flash card.

3. Tallest Skil thread starter macrumors P6

Tallest Skil

Hey, that's all that I meant in the way of functionality. If it can read from the flash card that's good enough for me. Now, you said may... can anyone confirm it? I mean, it's more than likely possible, so I'm not discounting you. Thanks for the info.