QuickTime 10 Vs QuickTime 7 Pro

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by Opstech, May 11, 2010.

1. Opstech macrumors 6502a

Opstech

Has anyone compared the two? I use FinalCut Express for my movies, but my wife wants home movies on her iPhone. I purchased QuickTime 7 Pro about a year and a half ago, but I upgraded my uMBP and cant find QT7Pro after I transferred my software to the new uMBP. Does QT 10 have the same setup?
    Thanks

2. spinnerlys Guest

spinnerlys

Have you taken a look at Applications / Utilities / QuickTime Player 7?

3. Opstech thread starter macrumors 6502a

Opstech

Hey Spin,
    Hows it going? Yes I've checked for it. I can't find it anywhere. Now that i'm using QTP 10, It has a bunch of different settings than 7. For an example: If I wanted to put a movie i downloaded from the net to my iPhone, I would export it in QT7. Although, in QT10 it's called sharing. Do you use QT10 a lot? I wanted to know if it would be worth purchasing the registration again just in case I would need it for her movies. I don't have a problem using my FCE 4.0

4. mccoppin macrumors newbie

QT10 vs QT7

I recently bought a new iMac and it had QT10 on it. I had to retrieve QT7 from the iMac OSX installation disks. They now run side by side for the application that I need to use. I prefer QT7 Pro because it allows me to use the A/V tools, which QT10 doesn't. I believe all Macs with Snow Leopard will automatically have QT10. Those of us who want QT7 will have to install it from the installation disks that came with your Mac. Hope this helps.

5. Opstech thread starter macrumors 6502a

Opstech

Thanks Brother. You and Spin helped a lot!