Quicktime 7.1.3 Installer/Link??

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by phillr, May 8, 2007.

1. phillr macrumors newbie

Hello, I'm setting up a new Mac station in our office. It requires very specific versions of certain software due to an extensive 3rd party software list and custom-built applications (which have been tested to not work with newer versions of Quicktime). One such requirement is Quicktime 7.1.3, but alas Apple has removed all links to previous versions except for 6.x (forgot exact number). Does anybody have an outside link where I can download Quicktime 7.1.3? Or if you even have the installer file (in hindsight is a smart thing to do), please e-mail it to me at phillip_roh@yahoo.ca. Any assistance is greatly appreciated.

2. Mr.Texor macrumors regular

I know this is not the answer you are looking for.. but, usually the version numbers mean something.. the first number (7) identifies a major release, the second number (1) identifies a minor release, and the last number identifies bug fixes, etc.

Most of the times, all versions are compatible with each other as long as the major and minor release numbers do not change. Therefore, most likely your software is still going to run fine (unless it checks for quick time version) as the newest version should only have bug fixes in it...

Take this with a grain of salt tho, as every company has a different way to put a version number to their software and I'm not sure apple does it this way. But, I say you should try it with the newest version first.