Quicktime 7.1.6 and Safari

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by smartalic34, May 2, 2007.

1. smartalic34 macrumors 6502a

smartalic34

I updated to Quicktime 7.1.6 yesterday and now Quicktime seems to be broken in Safari. Apple movie trailers at apple.com/trailers work fine, but something like macrumors.com, the top bar has an error...

However, all sites I have problems with work fine in Camino

Any suggestions?

Attached Files:

2. MisterMe macrumors G4

MisterMe

3. smartalic34 thread starter macrumors 6502a

smartalic34

everything has a checkmark except FlashPix, PhotoShop, and PDF under the Images list, and everything except Quicktime HTML and SMIL 1.0 under Miscellaneous list... all other lists are fully checked. Wouldn't this affect something under Video? They are all checked...

4. DrRock macrumors regular

Similar problem

I have been going NUTS with QT. For a really long time now, I haven't been able to even get QT to OPEN, let alone work with Safari. Any time I try to open certain file types online, Safari crashes. Even when I try to go to the QT page on apple.com, it shuts Safari down. Same goes for any page with Flash. It also seems to be causing problems with iMovie. Any time I try to open iMovie, it immediately quits unexpectedly.

I can understand that maybe I'm missing codecs for certain things, but I should at least be able to open the program. I can't even open it to check the settings?! Tech support has been no help. I just downloaded 7.1.6 and it's doing the exact same thing as always. Please help!