QuickTime 7.3

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Pratman64, Nov 26, 2007.

1. Pratman64 macrumors newbie

Pratman64

I am running OS X 10.4.11.
    I recently received an upgrade notification for QuickTime 7.3, which I installed. Ever since then, some of the QuickTime files cannot be run. I get a question mark where I used to have QuickTime videos or slideshows on a page.
    So, I went ahead and trashed 7.3 and tried re-installing from Apple site. But I am having difficulty downloading the player. Somehow, it thinks I still have the application on my mac.

Does anyone has a solution?

Thank you in advance.

-Prat

2. wrldwzrd89 macrumors G5

wrldwzrd89

Open up the root of your hard drive, then the Library folder, then the Receipts folder. Find the QuickTime file in there, and move it somewhere else (don't delete it just yet). Reinstall QuickTime. Restart your Mac, THEN trash the file you moved.

WARNING: If you move or delete the wrong file in the Receipts folder, you will cause the Repair Permissions feature in Mac OS X to stop working. The only way I know of to fix this is to Archive and Install Mac OS X.

3. Pratman64 thread starter macrumors newbie

Pratman64

4. Pratman64 thread starter macrumors newbie

Pratman64

Ok. I did exactly what you told me to do. It still did not download the file. So, I went back in Library/Receipts folder and deleted 7.3 upgrade that I had received. Then, I tried installing 7.2 (previous) upgrade. It said it could not since there was a newer version already installed on my hard drive. Huh..??
    If 7.3 is installed, where is it? How do I find it? And why doesn't QT work?

I am lost. :confused: