Quicktime 7.4.5 wont install

Discussion in 'macOS' started by wayland1985, Apr 6, 2008.

1. wayland1985 macrumors 6502

I've been trying unsuccessfully for the past 2 days to install 7.4.5. All the other updates went in fine, but trying to get quicktime up and running is impossible. The computer will log out, take me to a blue screen, with a spinning wheel (not the beachball). The wheel will then fade away, the screen will flicker, and before you know it, it goes back to square one.

What give? I repaired permissions, i've tried it several times. Can I not get quickime updates?

2. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

What sort of Mac do you have, and what system is it running? What peripherals do you have connected? What third party apps related to QuickTime (basically anything involving multimedia) do you have installed or running? :)

3. wayland1985 thread starter macrumors 6502

Sorry. I have OS X 10.5.2 . The only add on I have is Flip 4 Mac. I'm running a 2.5ghz Peryn MBP with 4gb ram, 200gb hard drive.

All of the other updates went in fine, but because this requires an update, for some reason, it wont install!

4. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

Have you tried bypassing Software Updater and installing it manually from Apple's site?

5. wayland1985 thread starter macrumors 6502

yep. I even deleted quicktime and tried to install it. It would automatically cancel the installation. Now I can't have QuickTime at all!!!