Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dotdotdot

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Jan 23, 2005
Just wondering if it is possible to purchase a QuickTime 7 serial at an Apple store?

I want Pro 7 but can't buy it online.

dotdotdot

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Jan 23, 2005
Nevermind, it isn't - some googling helped me find that out. Then WHY is .Mac for sale!?

dotdotdot

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Jan 23, 2005
xy14 said:
actually ya it is. thats where i got it. at least at the mall of america apple store in minnesota.

What do you mean? They like, sell it in a box? Version 7 for Windows?

dotdotdot

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Jan 23, 2005
Ahhh... please, can someone confirm 100% that the Apple Retail Store sells QuickTime 7 for Windows? A physical store, not the online one?

mpw

Jun 18, 2004
dotdotdot said:
Ahhh... please, can someone confirm 100% that the Apple Retail Store sells QuickTime 7 for Windows? A physical store, not the online one?

Why not just buy it online? Having said that the QT7 for Windows is only a preview, funny how they can sell the Pro key but wont support the product?

dotdotdot

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Jan 23, 2005
mpw said:
Why not just buy it online? Having said that the QT7 for Windows is only a preview, funny how they can sell the Pro key but wont support the product?

As some people here know, I can not buy anything online except iTMS songs. But I have enough money for stuff I want. And so I want to know if Apple sells this in their stores.

Anyone else have an answer?

killuminati

macrumors 68020
Dec 6, 2004
lol do you always post in doubles?

And I don't understand why you would buy a pro key for QT7 for windows, when it is still only a preview???

joshysquashy

macrumors 6502a
May 13, 2005
UK
I have noticed the preview is realy buggy, i expected it to be though.

things that happen - movie stutters and moves back and forward whilst playing.
audio sync goes out
audio is lost if track position is moved too often
sometimes the little equ bars go funny and the progress bar goes off the window to the right.

i would wait for all these things to be resolved before paying any money, stick with 6 if you need pro features.

MainFrame23

macrumors newbie
Jun 7, 2005
Orlando, FL
They don't sell anything around here at our campus Apple store, so, I can't say for sure. But why don't you just call Apple and ask rather than childishly reposting on your own thread?

mpw

Jun 18, 2004
thefunky_monkey said:
I have noticed the preview is realy buggy, i expected it to be though.

things that happen - movie stutters and moves back and forward whilst playing.
audio sync goes out
audio is lost if track position is moved too often
sometimes the little equ bars go funny and the progress bar goes off the window to the right.

i would wait for all these things to be resolved before paying any money, stick with 6 if you need pro features.

I got QT7 for Mac and a QT Pro key running on a iMac G5 1.8Ghz with 1Gb of RAM and the H.264 download from Apple’s QT page is as choppy as anything.

And a few times while using the movie recording mode through a FW Camcorder the audio has lagged behind the picture by almost a full second.

Not really that impressed so far except with the WWDC stream picture quality was better than others they’ve done when it wasn’t unwatchable, but that might just have been their servers taking a beating.

The Past

macrumors 6502
Aug 17, 2004
United States
You can only get it online as the SN and your name are tied together. So, the SN is generated for you after you give your name. I am sure they don't want the SN generators floating around all over the world, may be that is why they are not in the store.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.