Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

toke lahti

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Apr 23, 2007
Helsinki, Finland
...does not work.
Is it possible to fix this?

I have s/n from FCP 4.5 and another qt6 s/n for windows.
Neither of them works.

Does registration need some Apple server, which they have shut down?

usagora

macrumors 601
Nov 17, 2017
I know for a fact I had it working when I was on Mojave. Just Google "Quicktime 7 Pro registration key" and you'll find some you can try.

Actually, I still have my old iMac that was running Mojave, so I'll see what registration info I used to get my copy of QT7 Pro to work and let you know later tonight.

toke lahti

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Apr 23, 2007
Helsinki, Finland
One way to have qt7pro working in Mojave:
Install FCP/FCS with the help of Retroactive.

This will get you pro options enabled and if you check the registration window, it's blank with "Apple Pro Apps User".
Like I have had in the past.
I did get a serial number for qt with FCP 4.5 (the first I bought), but I'm not sure if I have ever used it...

pmiles

macrumors 6502a
Dec 12, 2013
If you never had a Quicktime Pro 7 registration key, you're not likely to get one now. Older keys, like those that came with FCP and the like are only good for the version they shipped with.

You're in a situation in which many Adobe users have found themselves in. Unlike your situation, they literally got locked out of their older software when Adobe shut down the licensing servers. So as long as they never needed to reinstall the software, they could have used it for all perpetuity. Your situation is that you need a component to run the software (i'm guessing) that is no longer available, thus without it, the software is basically useless.

If you can dig up a working Quicktime Pro 7 license... you're golden. Without it, well...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.