Quicktime alternative to download and save flash movies?

Discussion in 'macOS' started by mac maniac, Sep 9, 2009.

1. mac maniac macrumors member

Hi

I've recently installed snow leopard and quicktime has now stopped working as it used to!

I used to be able to watch and save movie files over the internet but no more!

Had enough of quick time now so is there an alternative out there?

2. Richard1028 macrumors 68000

That's because you're using the new QTX - it ain't finished yet.

Yes, the one you used before upgrading to snow leopard. It's on your SL install DVD. Choose custom options and re-install QT7

3. jorditordera macrumors newbie

jorditordera

Quicktime X Problems

I installed Snow Leopard, and obviously QTX came with it. I chose to also install QT7 just in case.

With QT7 I used to be able to watch trailers in HD from the Apple web site, and the download speed was faster than the play/reproduction speed, so I didn´t have to wait until it finished downloading to watch them. Same with the Keynotes, I could watch them full screen in real time. This is all over with QTX. I have to press the pause button and wait until the trailer downloads completely in order to watch it or it will stop. And the Keynote, it wouldn´t even start downloading.

Is there any way to solve this? Or worst case scenario, is there a way I can assign Safari with QT7 so that QT7 would open when trying to watch a trailer or a keynote instead of QTX?

Thanks a lot in advance.