Quicktime and subtitles quality

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by PaIvA, Dec 5, 2011.

1. PaIvA macrumors member

Hello! i'm a new mac user, and i'm experiencing some dificulties trying to understand a problem in quicktime... i have installed in my macbook air running OSX lion 10.7.2 quicktime pro, as well as perian and flip4mac, in order to watch my preferred series!

In quicktime pro, when i open an .avi file, it also opens the .srt file that is located in the same folder as the .avi file, which is the normal procedure.. however, i noticed that the quality of the subtitles displayed is not the better one, as you can see in the print screen:

[​IMG][/URL]

Uploaded with ImageShack.us[/IMG]

so, i was trying to solve this little problem, and i went to quicktime pro, edit- add to movie, and then the subtitles of the episode that i was watching became much more clearly and with a huge higher definition, but the episode now is not in full screen, as you can see with this print screen:

[​IMG][/URL]

Uploaded with ImageShack.us[/IMG]

so, my point is: does anyone know how can i fix this? i mean, how can i watch my series with great subtitles definition and in full screen? is it possible? because when i was in windows, the program i used was bsplayer, and i had absolutely no problem, and the subtitles were well defined... here in osx lion i'm not happy with the final outcome when i watch my series... (although lion is, by now, and excellent operative system, much better than win7)...

so, can anyone help me please??

@also, in bsplayer i was able to correct the subtitles time in real time, adjust the subtitles and perform corrections on subtitles time... here in OS X Lion i haven't find any player to do that... any ideas??

2. simsaladimbamba

Try Movist (better subtitle quality) and/or VLC Player.

3. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

I prefer VLC Player or Plex for watching movies, especially with subtitles.