Quicktime export frame as pic/jpg/etc...

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by spacepower7, Apr 5, 2011.

1. spacepower7, Apr 5, 2011
    Last edited: Apr 5, 2011

spacepower7 macrumors 68000

Hey all,

Long story short, I have super 8 transferred to DVD and I would like to export a couple single frames to email to family. Common, it's fun to send your siblings 30+ year old pics of Christmas and other holidays.... :)

The Apple just works motto is not working. I ripped the Home Movie DVD with Handbrake bc Apple doesn't offer a free tool to transfer my own (personally copyrighted or owned) mpeg-2 to mpeg-4 (h.264 m4v). Next, I can't find a way to export a single frame to email within Quicktime X or Quicktime 7.6.6

Do I really have to use Grab to screen capture my own family movies? :mad:

Anybody seeing something I don't? Where is the simple part?

2. Leddy, Apr 5, 2011
    Last edited: Apr 5, 2011

Leddy macrumors regular

Hi spacepower7,

Using the Export... command in Quicktime 7.6.6 you can export movie to picture. Just place the playhead on the frame you want to export and choose the Export... command in the file menu. Then in the Export: drop down, select Movie to Picture. You can choose different file formats etc. under Options...

Hope this helps - and isn't just a feature of Quicktime Pro that I take for granted. ;o)

P.S. If it's not possible in your version of Quicktime, try downloading MPEG Streamclip from Squared 5, as you can export stills from that. (- it's free.)

3. simsaladimbamba

Use VLC Player > Menu Bar >> View >>> Snapshot (CMD+OPTON+S)