Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

twtwigg

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 19, 2007
Help! I'm a video newbie and I'm still learning the ropes of final cut. I tried to export a video I made as a .mov file. It plays fine on my laptop mac, but when I burn the file to a dvd and put it in my desktop mac all I see is a white screen. I hear audio but that's it. Am I exporting wrong? Is there a particular way I should export it so it's playable by quicktime on all computers? Thanks!

bigbossbmb

macrumors 68000
Jul 1, 2004
Pasadena/Hollywood
File > Export > Export Using Quicktime Conversion (not quicktime movie)

then under settings choose a preset like Quicktime Movie - Broadband High or maybe an iPod/AppleTV preset.

Poeben

macrumors 6502
Jul 29, 2004
The video standard for DVD is mpeg2 video (.m2v). Audio can be either AAC(compressed) or PCM(uncompressed Aiff, for example.) Ideally you would want to export separate files for DVD versus files for playing within Quicktime.

What are you using to burn your DVDs? Are you using Final Cut Pro or Express? DVD Studio Pro? Do you have Compressor (part of FCP, don't know if it's part of express)?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.