Quicktime for Windows vs. Quicktime for Mac

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by AthleticTrainer, Nov 21, 2007.

1. AthleticTrainer macrumors newbie

OK, so I just converted over to Macs. Well, when on Windows I purchased a key for Quicktime 7 on Windows. I tried the same key on my Quicktime on my Macbook and it says invalid registration. Are the keys for Windows different from those on the Mac?

2. CashGap macrumors 6502

CashGap

Yes. They are not interchangable. You purchase either the Windows or the Mac version of Quicktime Pro 7.

I tried to get Apple on-line chat representative to let me "give back" my QT 7 Pro license in exchange for a QT 7 Pro for Mac license, no go.

I realized I was reaching, no other company would allow the trade, but it was worth asking.

So I installed QT 7 Pro for Windows on my XP VM in VMWare Fusion, nice to have.

3. AthleticTrainer thread starter macrumors newbie

Darn, that kinda sucks...I hate to have to pay again, because I dont really plan on using the PC much anymore cus its so old.

4. TheStu macrumors 65816

Bear in mind that the current version of Quicktime allows for Full Screen in the free version, which was the main complaint from a lot of people (myself included).

5. sinistersai4d macrumors member

sinistersai4d

6. xUKHCx Administrator emeritus

xUKHCx

Forum Rules

7. Sun Baked macrumors G5

Sun Baked

>xUKHCx

Checked it, reported it, and took me a few seconds to remember how to undo it.

8. GSMiller macrumors 68000

GSMiller

I really wish I had back the time I have spent in this thread...

9. neonblue2 macrumors 6502a

Glad they cleaned this thing up. Why was my post removed though? This was the worst thread I had ever seen.