Quicktime freezes randomly for about ten seconds, then resumes playback

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Panzo, Jul 26, 2009.

1. Panzo macrumors 6502

quicktime randomly freezes when watching full length movies 1+ hours, it happens randomly and i am unsure what causes it.

Latest quicktime + perian.

Tried reinstallling quicktime and no change.

i wonder if this:

Jul 27 02:48:00 MacBook-Pro kernel[0]: IOHIDSystem::relativePointerEventGated: Capping VBL time to 20000000 (was 22349540)

has anything to do with it?

Thanks in advance!

2. gorn macrumors member

I get beachball hangs with that kind of error message sometime. I think it might be related to the EFI SATA update, but I'm just guessing.
    IOHID is mouse/keyboard/trackpad related. It's occurred to me that the console message might be another symptom rather than a cause, but I haven't figured it out.

I'm on a MacBook Pro 13" with EFI 1.7. Stock hard drive.

3. Panzo thread starter macrumors 6502

on the phone with apple. will see what they say.an y way to remove the 1.7 update?

4. wopper macrumors newbie

Nope, applied update are unmoveable.

5. karim7 macrumors newbie

Same thing happens to me... It never fails to happen at least once during a movie.

It also seems to happen to me when i'm browsing the web on safari where it will get hung up for about 4 -8 seconds with the beachball then come back to normal.

Does anybody know what is causing this?

6. uv23 macrumors 6502

I recently posted this exact thing. http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=749517

There are also a couple of Apple discussion forums regarding it, with everyone affected using the 9400M whether on the 13 or 15. Very frustrating. I'm sure its software but no idea what a solution may be. Be sure and let Apple know.

I have only noticed it while watching video. The machine (13" MBP) has been flawless otherwise.

7. Panzo thread starter macrumors 6502

i just formatted my mac lets see if it helps.

8. Panzo thread starter macrumors 6502